Jan

爱。开心便当のLunar New Year Bentos

Time flies…Chinese New Year almost here…I managed to prepare two lunar New Year theme bentos this week. The first one was 大吉大利(most favorable auspices) bento.

Chinese like to eat and use tangerine to represent good luck/most favorable auspices during Lunar New Year.  This big tangerine sure bring  大吉大利 / most favorable auspices/good luck to us and all of u too. :)   In the bento there were rice ball (tangerine), sausages with “吉”/luck(firecracker), tempura prawns, tempura chicken fillets, broccoli, grapes, strawberries and carrot slices as golden coins.

The second bento was a Dragon bento…this year is Dragon year for our Chinese zodiac calender.   In Chinese astrology the dragon was seen as a powerful almighty king because it was made up of different parts of animals such as a tiger, fish, snake and an eagle. The Chinese associate the dragon with power and wisdom.

The bento comes with an egg (dragon), some spaghetti, chicken nuggets, cauliflower, mandarin oranges and grapes.

That’s all for today post…Wishing everyone A Prosperous, Happy and Healthy Dragon Year. Gong Hey Fatt Choy! 龙马精神, 恭喜发财!!! :)

12 comments

1. AikoVenus says:

I love your dragon! ^^ You know, I just realize that I didn’t include a tangerine in my bento…I guess its time for me to go shopping again. hehe – I hope that you have a great year (and many more great years)!

1. Emily Ng says:

Hi Shins, thanks so much for your sweet sweet comments and wishes. :) Sorry for the late reply, but I still wanna wish you & family have a great and happy year..and many more great years too…hehe.

2. hippo mum says:

Great idea to made the dragon bento ^^
    You’re so creative~

Happy New Year to Emily & Family
    祝龍年行大運, 平安健康

1. Emily Ng says:

Thanks so much, Hippomum. Sorry for the late reply. Wishing you and family 龙年万事都如意!!!:D

3. Lia Chen says:

Great CNY bento there! So creative, especially the dragon. I just love it!
    恭喜发财!身体健康, 万事如意!

1. Emily Ng says:

Hi Lia, thank you so much! :D Wishing you & your family 年年如意,事事顺利,天天开心, 龙马精神!(Sorry for the late wishes.)

4. bobo says:

I love the hard boiled egg dragon idea.. I am gonna copy this..:)

Wishing you Health and Happiness in the year of Dragon!

1. Emily Ng says:

Hi Florence, thank you so much for loving it..hehe. Sorry for the late reply. Wishing you and family have a great Dragon year…and of course many more great years too. :D

5. bentobird/jenn says:

The colors and flowers in the post are simply joyous! Happy and wonderful new year of the Dragon!

1. Emily Ng says:

HI Jenn, thanks for coming back and thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Sorry for late reply. Have a great year to you and family.

6. Tiffany says:

Oh my goodness, the egg dragon is way too cute!! Have to remember this for next Chinese new year :D

1. Emily Ng says:

Thank you so much, Tiffany. Glad that you like the idea…hehe. Hope to see your egg Dragon next CNY. :)